APEX AC/LOW VOLTAGE isolation question

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just aquired a new APEX system and have modified my cabinet to house the controller, EB32, INKBIRD controller and mightyjet pump controller. I will be adding a few modules like FMM down the road.
My plan is to run all 120v wiring on the right side and keeping it up high in the cabinet and low voltage/DC wiring low and to the left.
This cabinet is for a IM NUVO AIO so not alot of spare space down here.
How far should wires be seperated to reduce interference on the low voltage signals?
Where wires will eventually run in unison should they just cross perpendicular as in most controls applications or is there a better plan for that?
Not to sure how well the signal wiring is shielded or how susceptible it is to 120v pulsing.

OP
OP
T

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16186046930485845413637281413249.jpg
16186046930485845413637281413249.jpg

Apex data signal is 19200 baud RTU serial over CAN transport... so treat accordingly.
Thank you!!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex data signal is 19200 baud RTU serial over CAN transport... so treat accordingly.
Serious question (I am hoping to learn something) What does this reply mean, and can you point me (and others?) to a reference that we can read to learn what this is and how to deal with it. I do not have a controller, but I would like to learn more about them and especially what to avoid with wire interferences that can occur. Thanks -k

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand some of those words but have no idea what this means!

parallel crossing only or does it need separation?

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious question (I am hoping to learn something) What does this reply mean, and can you point me (and others?) to a reference that we can read to learn what this is and how to deal with it. I do not have a controller, but I would like to learn more about them and especially what to avoid with wire interferences that can occur. Thanks -k
Good question.
AquaBus is a very simple low speed MODBUS data exchange (only 19.2kbps) which is facilitated by a CAN transceiver over, essentially, a USB cable, which is shielded and the data wires are in a twisted pair, over a typical distance of ~3ft.

Since it's such a low speed, infrequent data exchange with error detection, over a shielded twisted pair cable, I would not worry about interference, including 60hz AC pulses, at all. Historically, I've seen many issues with Apex, but data transfer was not one of them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back