Apex and new ph probe

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently calibrated my ph probe to find ( I thought) a bad ph probe since it dropped in the am to 7.5 after being calibrated. Ordered a new probe and to my surprise it did the same thing in the am. I’ve recalibrated it 5x and seams like it’s only getting worse.
I’ve tried for interference and stray voltage to no avail. Going to try and get different solutions today. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What version of apex are you using? I ran into a similiar issue recenrly when I upgraded to the newest version. It was consistently reading low after multiple calibrations. Tried isolation the probe and shutting down all sources of potential stray voltage with tge same result. Ended up contacting customer support and they had me send the probe back. They said it looked fine on their end and returned it. They had a technician do a remote session and he tried to calibrate it with the same results. Eventually he used the apex app instead of fusion to calibrate it and it worked. Its been steady ever since but i havent tried to recalibrate it yet. Wonder if there is a bug with the Fusion software?

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrated it from the display. Might try doing it from the classic dashboard.
It reads the the solutions fine just not the tank

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tested the water by other means? could be your tank has droped

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a high range api ph kit I could use.
Nothing seams affected by the readings so I’m assuming it’s something to do with the probe/pm1

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check just to be on the safe side and if its a gradule loss of ph the effects are not as out right apperance as you would think.
better to check all possibilties.
had a salinity probe go crazy and jumped to conclusions finally tested it with refractometer and found that indeed it was drifting but also in trying to calibrate forgot to chrck temp and it was actually the temp probe that was wacked giving my salinity probe a false reading

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not running temp compensation but maybe I’ll try as well. I know my tank hasn’t changed so not stressing the tank itself. I just want the numbers to be somewhat accurate , not swinging from 7.48 -7.9
9FB3A1A8-5E40-4726-B497-92212A24DAAA.png

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got an apex and it's reading 0.2-0.3 lower than my pinpoint monitor. And they were both calibrated with the same solution.....

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to try a different solution and might just send back the probe for a new one, it’s under a week old

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back