Apex ATK Runs Away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have included the ATK script, the status of the status of the sensors/switches and the result. Even though the script says If AT_TOP CLOSED Then OFF, when the upper sensor is closed it turns on the ATK.

Twice it has almost emptied the reservoir. First not sure what causes it to cover the higher sensor and then what causes it to turn the pump on when the higher sensor is covered.

I did turn the ATK system off manually but it keeps turning it back on. Help!!

6948a18b308957e707807f599719a5a1.jpg

d2aef320a58f03318297c1ab50b6b552.jpg

c1ea6f0b4eb9c7c8e0cb33f1defeaeae.jpg

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like we have the same coding, I would make sure you don’t have the 1 + 2 cords crossed up

Thanks Leep. I thought the same thing about the crossed cords so detached each to verify. They are correct. I am thinking that ON turns it on after something has caused it to turn off. So instead of going to AUTO, it goes to ON. Can I make it go to AUTO instead? Not an option.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Leep. I thought the same thing about the crossed cords so detached each to verify. They are correct. I am thinking that ON turns it on after something has caused it to turn off. So instead of going to AUTO, it goes to ON. Can I make it go to AUTO instead? Not an option.
It shouldn’t be causing that. You can’t program it to go to auto. What happens when you set it to auto after it’s been off? Is it creating a back siphon or is the pump continuously running? The when on should shut it down after 5 minutes.

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t be causing that. You can’t program it to go to auto. What happens when you set it to auto after it’s been off? Is it creating a back siphon or is the pump continuously running? The when on should shut it down after 5 minutes.

You may have a point here. A light bulb went off. I noticed it seemed to do these overfills after each time I filled the reservoir, which is next to the sump. It seems to overfill a couple of gallons which would bring the reservoir level to match the sump. I think there is a back siphon plug to prevent it from occurring. Thanks!!

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still sending If ATK_HI CLOSED Then ON Which is the upper. Which turns it on. Which is not in the script. This is sooooo wrong.

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 19 warning messages yesterday about the ATK. The backflow was an initial problem but had nothing to do with the error messages. I took out any reference to ATK_HI and only referenced ATK_LO. No error messages today and seems to be running well. I think it is a naming issue on Neptune's side. Fingers crossed!

80952e43bd29f16cda0df2fc8d28bd36.jpg

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gettng alarms non stop with the ATK. Deleted most codes leaving the top three codes active. Its been running fine for three months. Am I at risk in case it sticks on? Yes, but ai would with all other ATOs out there. The float switch is my safety. IMO all the safeties run this thing crazy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back