Apex ATO Issue

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm having a weird issue. My Apex ATO fluid sensor 1 is opening and closing on the dashboard just fine, but the pump isn't shutting off until it reaches the #2 sensor. Haven't had an issue until today. It's my understanding if one of the sensors fail the sensor will just show one position and not move the slider in the dashboard at all.

ato.PNG ato2PNG.PNG ato3.PNG ato4.PNG

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, your "ATO" output (the 24v Accessory port on your FMM) should not be set to the "ATO" Control Type if you own the Neptune ATK. "ATO" is intended if you are building your own DIY topoff system using either float switches or optical sensors with a 3rd-party pump.

Instead, you should use the programming automatically created by running the ATK Setup Task in Fusion. The result will be an output set to the "Advanced" Control Type, with programming that incorporates multiple layers of safeguards. Read my ATK Tutorial for a detailed explanation of the standard ATK code, what it does, and how the ATK is designed to work:

This tutorial also has a detailed list of troubleshooting steps to help you test your optical sensors.

As for the series of alarms you're seeing, this is a symptom of a sensor rapidly toggling on and off so quickly that the Apex doesn't have time to send the initial Alarm On message which would include the description of the device causing it before it sends the Alarm Off message.

Add this line to your EmailAlm program to force the alarm to stay active long enough to send the Alarm On notification:

Min Time 000:30 Then ON

Once you identify the source of the problem, you can investigate to see if it needs cleaning or some other issue. Also, be sure the ATK is assembled so the water does not trickle down onto the optical sensors. If it does, then you need to remove the float valve assembly and reverse the side it's connected to so it doesn't dribble water on the sensors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TWiSTEDSOCiETY

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Suncrest. I'm working on following your tutorial, funny thing is tho I did use the atk setup module.

BTW this is how i have my email error code now. Does this look correct?

Set OFF
Min Time 000:30 Then ON
If Error ATO Then ON
If ATOS2 CLOSED Then ON
If Tmp < 77.0 Then ON
If Tmp > 80.0 Then ON

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back