Apex BoB float always read closed

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to wire a float into my skimmer lid so if it overflows it shuts off before filling my Co2 scrubber. I have 2 different floats, both are open when down, closed when up. I’ve tested continuity multiple times. When I wire into BoB it switches to closed and will not switch to open regardless of position of float. If I ground out BoB it does register open and close, has anyone ran into an issue where certain floats resistance values don’t work well BoB, I get about 2 ohms resistance when open and about 500k when closed, if I read on continuity I get beep when down(open) and an open line/no beep when up(closed). Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

1848BEFE-9856-4D41-B0BF-71335D67EB0D.jpeg 7B3EFA26-E5F0-4349-8E03-D155C9F20E13.jpeg image.jpg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are watching the fusion page for it to change? It takes a while for fusion to update(think it's like 3 minutes, don't quote me on it).

Easiest way to figure it out. Plug simple on/off lamp into an outlet, and reference the switch in the outlet. Something very simple like:
Set off
if sw1 =open/closed(depending on resting switch state) then on

When you activate the switch, the light should turn on and off.

You mention grounding out the BOB? You do know with switches, one wire goes to the ground on the BOB, and the other goes to the dedicated switch receptacle.

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@homer1475 thanks for reply. So as far grounding it, I was just verifying the operation of the BoB so I used a piece of wire and left it connected to ground and then touched a switch to verify it would go to close and then let off to verify it would go to open. And yes it does take a while for it to display on fusion which I was worried about but the reaction is almost instant.
I ended up getting it working properly, main issue was me, human error. I was over complicating things, it’s pretty embarrassing considering my life revolves around boats being a mechanic and captain with the amount floats I deal with lol. When I read my initial explanation I clearly was backwards, when it’s down I have continuity meaning it is closed and vice versa, total brain fart.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back