Apex Classic

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased an Apex Classic and started the set up process last weekend. After a very frustrating process which i won't get in to, I finally got it running and connected to Fusion earlier this week. Last night I set to programming and reading the manual. I will eventually get into some much more serious programming and I will read the manual, but I was hoping for a "Quick Start" to just get the basics up and running on timers. I am not going to connect the heater until I will be home all day to check on the tank every hour and intercept if something doesn't work as expected.

But, the reason for this post is this... I have two EB8s. One of them shows up with all eight outlets and what I assume are default labels, and I changed a few of them, but I can not get the other EB8 to show up on the dashboard. It registers on the hierarchy tab, but noplace else, and there it only shows "Amp_3", but no outlets. I will continue my research, so please don't say "Go read the manual". I am going to read the manual, but if there is a quick answer, it would be appreciated!

Apex Graph View...
Capture.JPG

Apex Dashboard
Capture2.JPG

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were all purchased new? Is the status light on the EB8_1 green or something else? Always a good idea to check/swap the aquabus cable as the first line of troubleshooting. If you click on the unlock icon (padlock top right), do you see the EB8_1 outlets there?

OP
OP
PaulPerger

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were all purchased new?

No, they were purchased used. I had one, and I just bought the classic with another one. The "new" one is working with the classic, the "old" one is not. But it was with my Junior.

Is the status light on the EB8_1 green or something else?

Both EB8s show a GREEN Status light.

Always a good idea to check/swap the aquabus cable as the first line of troubleshooting.

I will try this. I should know this, but I hadn't tried it.

If you click on the unlock icon (padlock top right), do you see the EB8_1 outlets there?

No. The unlock does not reveal any more outlets.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmn, if the stays light is green chances are it’s not the aquabus cable. Might need to place a troubleshooting call into Neptune. They're pretty helpful.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back