Apex condx issue

Shluffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now gone through three cycles where I calibrated my probe, it produced stable measurements for about a month (confirmed weekly) and lost calibration after about a month. By lost calibration I mean it dropped from 35 to 14. Stays at 14. Any ideas what could cause this?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now gone through three cycles where I calibrated my probe, it produced stable measurements for about a month (confirmed weekly) and lost calibration after about a month. By lost calibration I mean it dropped from 35 to 14. Stays at 14. Any ideas what could cause this?
Make sure you have the prob in a good flow area that do not have bubbles.
I personally have gave up on apex salinity prob, but reading is not that wrong...you are seeing drastic error I think either prob have an issue or you are getting bubbles I'm the prob or there is electric statics getting in the prob

OP
OP
S

Shluffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in a good flow area, no miceobubbles. Your thinking an issue with the probe? Tha would b disappointing.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in a good flow area, no miceobubbles. Your thinking an issue with the probe? Tha would b disappointing.
Again I personally have gave up.
Both ph and salinity probs from apex have been a disappointment.. changed the prob 2 times over the past 6 years but did not really improve and reading will shift no matter what I do....
Sorry I cannot help much here.
Try changing the location of the prob and having the prob wire run isolated from other wires that can pass EMI to the prob wire...

OP
OP
S

Shluffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all the wires. By isolated, di you mean isolate all the probes from each other? Or just from the electric?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all the wires. By isolated, di you mean isolate all the probes from each other? Or just from the electric?
I meant just have the wire run by itself not bundled with other wires that might add EMI to it.
Honestly this is one of the things Neptune like to blame if nothing work, I personally have never seen evidence that the prob inaccurate reading was due to other wires.
The prob is just awful, not much we can do about it.
I started using GHL controller with their prob and so far it's been solid. So I guess GHL might be using better probs or their controller design is more robust against electrical noise or esd....

Sorry am not much help there. Did you talked to Neptune CS? Their customer service team is very good and responsive.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back