Apex Controller

FishNFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have their Apex running on a wireless set up? If so how did you do it. Gaming adapter to net portion of system?

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the best way to do it. The Netgear gaming adapter on Amazon is what Neptune Systems recommends. There are a few others out there to choose from.

The Netgear isn't to most intuitive to setup but once it is setup you're fine. I like to assign a static IP to that gaming adapter when setting up the Apex. It makes it a bit easier to manage.

If you need some help give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
FishNFrags

FishNFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the new gaming adapter are USB...... how did you hook that up to Apex? Ethernet to usb adapter?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a netgear one at Walmart. it was over in the TV accessory section. it was wifi to ethernet. setup was pretty easy too on it.

CeeGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here netgear. I reserve IP's on my dlink gaming router and it works flawlessly. Getting the email alerts to eork reliably is another story. Apex unit has issues jiving with comcast.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or if you can get an old router. Look at the link in my sig to flash an old router with ddwrt

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here netgear. I reserve IP's on my dlink gaming router and it works flawlessly. Getting the email alerts to eork reliably is another story. Apex unit has issues jiving with comcast.

Comcast blocks SMTP traffic (port 25) unless you use their SMTP server. You have to use port 587 for SMTP relay on a Comcast connection. They are also in the process of blocking port 80 inbound to residential connections. Looks like you got that step though.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use port 7901 on my comcast for my rke. Worked like a charm now I have 8080 for router access and 7901 for the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back