Apex Dos and Calcium Reactor

mj23jr24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first try at a calcium reactor. Since I already had a DOS and run the new APEX i was told I didn't really need to go with a Kamoer pump as the DOS would work well. I am really struggling with finding a program I can copy and use, I get everyone's programming might be different depending on how much they need, but I just need the basic program to tie how much my DOS pulls from the tank and puts back in all day long with a steady rate and not a fast flow. Everything I see from posts on a calc reactor is this drip per second view. I will admit I am terrible at understanding the programming for the APEX and typically copy what others have provided and use that as a starting point. When I looked to setup the programming for the DOS to see what others had out there, I didn't see anything that was Calcium Reactor driven. I have the Power bar setup to turn off the CO2 so I am good there, just really struggling with a program that would work and I could start with to use a DOS to drive the dosing on a Calcium Reactor.

Tank is 200g, a lot of mixed corals and some fish.

Also I think I screwed up my PM1 as I calibrated it using the standard 10 and 7 solutions... I think I was supposed to calibrate it using the 7 and 4 solution? Thoughts, am I fine with the 10 and 7 solution or do I really need to recalibrate using the 7 and 4 solution?

Thanks for any help guys.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the DOS a continuous duty pump? I don't use one, so I do not know. The pump needs to be rated for continuous duty.

There is a link in my signature to some of my CaRx thoughts if you want to read through it. I absolutely DO NOT recommend using an Apex to run a calcium reactor, so this might not help you too much.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 72 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 9.0%
Back