APEX DOS - mount/organize

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 DOS and.. having a hard time trying to figure out how to mount these guys.
it seems like... 2 DOS might fit on top.. but pretty sure that’s very risky since all the electrical wiring are in the back..
Was going to consider putting in trident.. but very limited space..
To the super organized people, any tips are appreciated! I didn’t build this. The tank came with the house and it’s very hard to go under the sump area.. wish everything was see through..

B04FBEAC-2536-49B0-9F7D-399B74363A53.jpeg

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really see an issue placing them there. The DC power and Aquabus cables come out of the side so you should be able to route them out next to the DOS or if it is more convient route them down behind your Plywood backing and out lower down.

Here are my two mounted at the top of my RSR 250 sump. They have been there 3 1/2 years now without issues.
B9162261-1F5A-47A1-BC6F-647EE92F8AA2.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have room next to the tank for an additional cabinet? Both of mine sit on shelves with holes drilled to allow the lines to go straight down.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha I wish!!! I don’t have any additional space except for that pile of mess...

Could I ask what type of wood and type of screws you are using for your set up?
thinking of buying simple old plywood and some screws.. but there’s pressure washed.. zinc... brass... just want to make sure they don’t get rusted or warped too easily... your set up looks so clean and amazing
I don’t really see an issue placing them there. The DC power and Aquabus cables come out of the side so you should be able to route them out next to the DOS or if it is more convient route them down behind your Plywood backing and out lower down.

Here are my two mounted at the top of my RSR 250 sump. They have been there 3 1/2 years now without issues.
B9162261-1F5A-47A1-BC6F-647EE92F8AA2.jpeg

Back