apex e832 question

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assigning plugs to my e832's. From what I've read online, the unit won't control the RS Reefwaves for the Mp40's so it was said it was a waste of plug usage. However, if I want to shut down my powerheads/gyres for feeding, can that be programmed? Or is it better to just hit the feed buttons on the controllers or use a master switch on a regular power strip

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What @James404 said. Even though you can’t control the specific wakemaker programming, you can still turn them on and off when you manually hit a feed mode. You can also program them to turn off automatically with a virtual feed mode when using something like the Neptune AFS.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so it sounds like it is worth having the plugs use the e832's as I can program them to turn off with feed mode and use the individual controllers for waves etc. I can also have the apex just turn down my return pumps during feeding rather than a hard off? And still turn off powerheads

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does current release of Mobius actually reconnect ever? I deleted it as Samsng S10 would never reconnect.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's another question. I saw there was a thread regarding the E832's turning off. Or failing. Right now, I have both cor 20's and UV's on 1 bar with the skimmer and the 4 powerheads/gyres on another. If 1 goes down, it shuts off flow. Am I better to have 1 return pump on each bar, and 1 ea of each reefwave and mp40 on each bar.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's another question. I saw there was a thread regarding the E832's turning off. Or failing. Right now, I have both cor 20's and UV's on 1 bar with the skimmer and the 4 powerheads/gyres on another. If 1 goes down, it shuts off flow. Am I better to have 1 return pump on each bar, and 1 ea of each reefwave and mp40 on each bar.
You certainly could, yes. Were you planning on any battery backup for the MP40s? I have my pumps on one EB32 and the 4 gyres on the second EB32, but I’m also running a battery backup for the second set of gyres.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You certainly could, yes. Were you planning on any battery backup for the MP40s? I have my pumps on one EB32 and the 4 gyres on the second EB32, but I’m also running a battery backup for the second set of gyres.
That is how I have mine set but I think I will separate at least the 2 return pumps. There is no reason they have to be on the same eb32 except ocd lol's. Now that I've seen how several had powerbars go out, it seems wiser to spit the returns and wavemakers so if a bar goes out, my water flow isn't totally cut off, especially if it happens at night or when I'm gone. I have 2 backups for the mp40's so that will give me flow for many hours. I should eventually get a backup for the reefwave gyres although if a long power outage I have a generator.. What do you have? I have 2 of the eco marine

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back