Apex/Ecotech, should i migrate to Mobius?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mtbrider85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone

I have a Apex classic with a WMX module. I use this to connect my (2) Gen 4 Radion XR30Pro's to my controller. My entire lighting schedule is controlled thru the Apex. It's been great but it seems many ecotech users have adopted Mobius to control their lights. In particular i was looking to download lighting schedules from various vendors to look at but its all for Mobius. Anyone have advise or feedback on switching over? I wanted to look at Topshelf aquatics light schedule along with WWC.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do it. I’ve seen many bad reviews of Mobius being buggy. You can already download Radion settings from other Apex users within Fusion.

OP
OP
Mtbrider85

Mtbrider85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyl-Very true.

As far as looking up users on fusion, i never found it useful. I don't know who is who and if their schedules prove to be successful for SPS corals. Any suggestions on how i can find WWC or TSA's schedule on fusion?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just run that AB+ schedule and quit messing with it. number 1 problem with LEDs is too much control .

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not bashing any one product over the other but my personal opinion, I like Apex's control much much better than the Mobius. The Mobius is buggy and requires bluetooth (i.e. i have to be in the same room to do any adjustment).

I run Radions on multiple tanks as well as MPs and Vectras. While i set and forget the light schedule (I run the AB+), i do tinker with the flow a bit. I often have to go to manual mode for flow and just now bypass Mobius because its buggy.

OP
OP
Mtbrider85

Mtbrider85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what i run but after 2 years of no changes, i kinda want to see if i can pull some better colors from my corals. Im typically not one to make many changes but im starting to get bored of the tank, ha!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back