Apex EL keeps disconnecting from Fusion, but the Orange light shows WI-FI connection.

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
Just wondering what I can do for my Apex El (Purchased Refurbished 1.5 Months ago) regarding its connectivity to Fusion. No matter what I do, it won't connect to the app. I had no problems until 3 days ago when the connection went out all day. It was back Tuesday morning, then went out again about midday, and didn't return until Wednesday afternoon when it connect for about 20 seconds. Despite my best efforts, moving the router closer, trying a cabled connection, and restarting both the apex and router several times, I haven't been able to get it to reconnect. Im going into the LFS this weekend to see if they have any options, and thought I'd jump on here to see if there's anything else to suggest. I am going to try logging into the actual router and try to set the Apex as a priority item after this.

All tests and dosing are still working, the brian unit shows the orange light that it's connected to wifi and the power bar is still operational, so I'm just struggling to figure out why it won't connect to the app on my phone or computer. Any other suggestions that may help are welcome!

Cheers

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar connectivity issues until I set a static ip address for the Apex in my wifi router. Now the ip address is always the same, and connectivity is much better.

Also, you can connect locally without fusion if you know the ip address of the apex. Just type the ip address in your browser search bar, then login with your fusion credentials.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
I had similar connectivity issues until I set a static ip address for the Apex in my wifi router. Now the ip address is always the same, and connectivity is much better.

Also, you can connect locally without fusion if you know the ip address of the apex. Just type the ip address in your browser search bar, then login with your fusion credentials.
Thanks so much for this, I’ll have a look and try it when I get home. I got it connected again this morning and has stayed connected so far, but I’ll try this as a redundancy.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seems to have worked for now! Been a few days with no issues, hopefully, this lasts.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things have just gotten 100x worse. Apex is saying it's still connected and the app is confirming so, however, I cannot control anything. Toggles, switches, and alarms are not working, I can toggle them from auto to on and off and nothing registers. It has stopped app control completely. I've had to unplug my trident, it was testing nonstop continuously, wasting the brand-new reagent bottle down to half full by the time I got home from work. All the graphs haven't registered any data within the last 24 hours, and my DOS has recorded no logs. I have no idea how much I've dosed, as after seeing the trident go haywire Im hoping the DOS didn't do the same earlier in the day. Since I've been home, all the timers for things like fuge lights and mixing station pumps have turned on or off, and I can still hear the DOS Dosing so the system is still running, I just can't control anything. I'm really disappointed with my experience so far, it started off great but now it's a mess. I haven't changed any settings recently on the apex. I have done the usual thing of making sure all devices involved are up to date with updates, powering everything on and off, including the wifi, my phone, and laptop with Fusion, logging out and deleting the app, and reinstalling it and I tried Rebooting the apex via the app, but it wasn't registering. I'm lost for what else to do.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue, please feel free to share. Here are some ss of my fusion dashboard below

Attachments

• FUSION.PNG
    FUSION.PNG
    134.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Fusion 2.PNG
    Fusion 2.PNG
    113.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kill the power to the head unit and replug it up
Do you mean the power to the apex or the circuit it's on? I've tried unplugging the apex and then isolating it when powering it back on to see if that would help, but it's now disconnected from the app. I'm calling the place where I purchased it from later today for help and suggestions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back