Connecting apex A3 to fusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aidan_823
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aidan_823

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2023
Messages
43
Reaction score
8
Location
Westfall
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just got my A3 Apex and I've been trying to set it up through fusion on my phone but its been stuck on the "connecting to your apex" screen for HOURS and all three link to Apex.local don't work for me the base unit has been stuck on the blue logo. I don't know what else to try so anything helps. Thank you
 
Following same problem
I had the same problem with my apex jr. I had a user here tell me to connect the apex to phone’s hotspot and then from there connect it to my home’s WiFi. I did what he said and did a reset on my apex and connected right away. Hope this helps.
 
This is what the user explained to me:

Just to clarify as people search for this thread.

The new apex acts as a wifi network that your phone (or any wifi capable device) can connect to. Just like new wifi compatable refrigerators show up on your network list. Once you connect directly to apex, you can add your home network and password so that it can connect directly to fusion. After that, everything is done through the apex fusion app.
 
I called apex and they walked me through it, which included remoting in to my computer and changing some network settings and other things. It was a long process and something i could have never done by myself, but they got it working.
 
I had the same problem with my apex jr. I had a user here tell me to connect the apex to phone’s hotspot and then from there connect it to my home’s WiFi. I did what he said and did a reset on my apex and connected right away. Hope this helps.
Right when I connect to the hotspot I should go to wifi?
 
I called apex and they walked me through it, which included remoting in to my computer and changing some network settings and other things. It was a long process and something i could have never done by myself, but they got it working.


would you mind sharing what they did to help out? I'm having an insane time trying to get this to connect.
 
Mine actually came from BRS with the wrong software. They had to remote into my computer and connect to the Apex by Ethernet. They updated the software, and everything worked fine….
 
would you mind sharing what they did to help out? I'm having an insane time trying to get this to connect.
I wish I could tell you, it was way over my head. Involved remoting in to my computer, programming things, adjusting server settings, etc. If you give them a call I bet they can get you all fixed.
 
I wish I could tell you, it was way over my head. Involved remoting in to my computer, programming things, adjusting server settings, etc. If you give them a call I bet they can get you all fixed.
No problem,thank you for replying back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new