OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be cycling so fast the GUI doesn’t have time to update. Could be the switch or the module but the code here is very simple so it’s not that (I’m pretty sure anyway).

You could make a new virtual outlet switch test. If switch 1 is closed then on. Then set an email alarm for if switch test is on then on. Keep the switch in the open (activated) position when you send the email alarm code.
Actually forget the virtual outlet lol. Just set an email alarm for if switch closed then on.

And then if I manually activate the switch if my email alarm goes crazy I know that the float switch is the issue

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how I have mine set up. I have two float sensors in my cup as well.

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If SUMP_H OPEN Then OFF
If SKIM OPEN Then OFF <-------------
If SKIM_H OPEN Then OFF <-------------

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrows are just to point out the two switches in question (not actually on the program)

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then if I manually activate the switch if my email alarm goes crazy I know that the float switch is the issue
Yeah exactly. You’re holding it in the open position, then send the alarm code. If you get an email alarm then you know the switch isn’t staying open.

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And make sure your email alarm switch is set to Auto as well. And like I revised above, cut out the virtual switch middleman, no need for it.

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how I have mine set up. I have two float sensors in my cup as well.

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If SUMP_H OPEN Then OFF
If SKIM OPEN Then OFF <-------------
If SKIM_H OPEN Then OFF <-------------
this is exactly how I had my skimmer set and had the issue

Yeah exactly. You’re holding it in the open position, then send the alarm code. If you get an email alarm then you know the switch isn’t staying open.

Well I am going to make the alarm send if it is in the open position. Then hold it on open. I should get a single alarm that it is open. It I get alarm on, alarm off toggle I know it’s the switch

And make sure your email alarm switch is set to Auto as well. And like I revised above, cut out the virtual switch middleman, no need for it.
Yup

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is exactly how I had my skimmer set and had the issue

Well I am going to make the alarm send if it is in the open position. Then hold it on open. I should get a single alarm that it is open. It I get alarm on, alarm off toggle I know it’s the switch

Yup
Either way should work. I just set it up in a way that you should get zero alarms so that if you get 1 at all, you know something’s up.

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way should work. I just set it up in a way that you should get zero alarms so that if you get 1 at all, you know something’s up.

Well when they are closed (not triggered) all is well. I set the alarm below and am not getting any alarms, if they were toggling open then I would get alarm. tonight I will set the alarm to email if they are closed and manually trigger them.

FCB72FF4-2764-4719-8E26-B7AD48B2532B.png
9D6CE77D-0E9C-4B51-BCC4-E2C82A7EBD27.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than using the alarms to indicate what the float switch is doing, create a virtual output for each float switch and enable the Log option. This will allow you to manually test each float and then later look in the Output Log to see the exact on and off times of the virtual outputs.

[Float1_Test]
Set OFF
If Float1 OPEN Then ON

(place a check mark in the Log option of the virtual output)

Repeat with Float2.

When you hold the float open, it should only show a single entry in the Output Log. But if you see multiple On and Off entries in the log, that would confirm a faulty float switch. The log is updated once per second, so there’s no lag to worry about like when watching the dashboard tiles in Fusion.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back