Apex fusion log search?

A_Blind_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
3,020
Reaction score
3,828
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been on here for a minute but figured I’d ask about something that has always bothered me……being able to search for an entity in the log history. I’m blind and use a screen reader software so it’s possible that I’m missing something but I’ve never figured out how to perform a search in the log. A search bar would pretty handy to have when going through the log history. AFAIK one can only select the date and scroll indefinitely, day by day, to find when a certain entity was last logged. Super annoying when having to listen to a computer voice read each line to you. I know that one can export to .xls and have a searchable spreadsheet database, but that’s beyond my skill set as I haven’t touched excel since I lost most of my sight. Having the ability to ask Alexa/Google/Home Assistant when the last time something happened would be super cool. I have fusion connected to home assistant and Alexa. I’m sure there’s a way to set up a voice query through either but I’m sure that’s a lot of work that I’m not really capable of at the moment. Does anyone know if there is a log search function in fusion? Anyone know of a simple solution if not?
 
Yeah the Alexa skill is amazing! I’ve been using that for several years now and love it. I can ask for status reports, test results or to log a manual test, to start a feed cycle for when I’m tossing in some frozen, turn on mixing pumps for when I add Kalk and salt…..all kinds of things really. Bummer though, I haven’t been able to figure out log history. I’ll check out the link to see if they cover log history. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new