Apex fusion users

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the apex team released a new update for fusion (you don't need to do anything except refresh the apex fusion page) one of the features that i have been waiting for is heartbeat
Heartbeat basically tells the user if there was a power outage or if there was a network failure (heartbeat cannot differentiate between the two but notifies you to take a look because something is wrong) it monitors the connection between apex and apexfusion

How to activate
On a desktop computer
1)Go to apexfusion.com
2)log in
3)Select your apex
4)Select apex top right (has a little house icon)
5)On the bottom of that drop down menu under setup it will say heartbeat
6)Click on heartbeat
7)On the right side of the page it will say heartbeat Click on disabled
8)Select enable
9)You should see a orange cloud with a arrow on the top right click it and your all set

If using the mobile version of fusion
1)Go to apexfusion.com
2)log in
3)Select your apex
4)Select the menu icon on the top right (three lines)
5)Select apex top left (has a little house icon)
6)Scroll to the bottom under setup it will say heartbeat
7)Click on heartbeat
8)Click on disabled
9)Select enable
If the menu on the top is still showing you apex (little house icon) and your name the just select the menu button again to hide it
10)You should see a orange cloud with a arrow on the top right click it and your all set

What do you guys think of this update

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the apex team released a new update for fusion (you don't need to do anything except refresh the apex fusion page) one of the features that i have been waiting for is heartbeat
Heartbeat basically tells the user if there was a power outage or if there was a network failure (heartbeat cannot differentiate between the two but notifies you to take a look because something is wrong) it monitors the connection between apex and apexfusion

How to activate
On a desktop computer
1)Go to apexfusion.com
2)log in
3)Select your apex
4)Select apex top right (has a little house icon)
5)On the bottom of that drop down menu under setup it will say heartbeat
6)Click on heartbeat
7)On the right side of the page it will say heartbeat Click on disabled
8)Select enable
9)You should see a orange cloud with a arrow on the top right click it and your all set

If using the mobile version of fusion
1)Go to apexfusion.com
2)log in
3)Select your apex
4)Select the menu icon on the top right (three lines)
5)Select apex top left (has a little house icon)
6)Scroll to the bottom under setup it will say heartbeat
7)Click on heartbeat
8)Click on disabled
9)Select enable
If the menu on the top is still showing you apex (little house icon) and your name the just select the menu button again to hide it
10)You should see a orange cloud with a arrow on the top right click it and your all set

What do you guys think of this update

Thanks for the info! Terrance didn't mention this needed to be enabled! I assumed it was enabled automatically...

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Np for those of you that need a visual aid here is a photo that was posted on Apex's Facebook page
4fc86b0b03a0c3aa600d6c139cdcb452.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool and thanks for sharing how to enable!

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit-nevermind I figured it out.

I don't have that drop down menu. On the app or desktop. Would I manually have to do the update to get this? I'm assuming I do have the update because I went to adjust an alarm trigger, and that little broken probe looking icon is gone and I had to re find where it was. How could I tell?

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit-nevermind I figured it out.

I don't have that drop down menu. On the app or desktop. Would I manually have to do the update to get this? I'm assuming I do have the update because I went to adjust an alarm trigger, and that little broken probe looking icon is gone and I had to re find where it was. How could I tell?

I could not find it either. I then checked between apex 2016 and classic. I think heart beat is for 2016 model not classic.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Fusion sends me a text and an email if there is a power outage already. Will I have to enable heartbeat or will it still do it the same way as before?

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has the #4 wrong. It's not top right, it's top left. That's what threw me off. I was in the drop down box on the wrong side.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my Apex sitting in a box for 2 years while I took a break from the hobby. Now I'm back in with a Red Sea Reefer 250 and with some technical help from Neptune support, got my Apex going again. Wow a lot has changed in Fusion!!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find it either. I then checked between apex 2016 and classic. I think heart beat is for 2016 model not classic.

Heartbeat works for 2016 and Classic models.

If you are viewing Fusion from your Apex page, look for where your apex name is and click it. That will bring up a dropdown menu. At the very bottom of that menu is where you can setup heartbeat.

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they announced it they said it might take some time for some users to see it
I recommend everyone update their apex regardless if your using this feature or not
they also said its for all users they are not leaving anyone behind (im using a apex classic)
In the steps above for desktop im using a windows 10 with firefox
And mobile im using iPhone with safari to view fusion (not through the apex fusion app they said it may take some time to see it on the fusion app)
And for those of you that are getting stuck at a step just ask here mention how and what device you are looking at fusion from and what step your at if you can if you can take screen shot

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back