Apex going haywire since update

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have an Apex EL that’s been running great since July but I installed the update yesterday and now the energy block is going crazy. The apex dashboard is showing everything how it needs to be, but it isn’t getting relayed to the energy block. If I reach down and touch the block, all of a sudden it’ll spring into action and mostly change everything to how it’s supposed to be. All of the outlets appear to be working, just not communicating with the brain.

nothing has been super dangerous thus far but I did wake up with a temp of 71F because it didn’t turn the heaters on.

to be totally transparent: this energy block did have water go into it about a month ago. I was out of town for work and the tank started to overflow and dripped into some outlets. But I took it apart and put a construction fan on it for several days and it’s been working well since.

I guess I’d like to see if anyone else is having issues due to the update before I spend $300 on a new block.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, whenever I touch it it’ll start to shift around the outlets. Is there a way to check the grounding?

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean "shift around the outlets"? The software begins to turn them on and off or are the functions being reassigned?

It seems like it'll finally communicate with the brain and move around the on and off functions as they should be.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back