Apex Heat Error VO Code

Mfield16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a code for when the heaters are on for too long, but need to adjust it. It's been pretty cold here on the East Coast so my heaters are staying on a little longer to keep up, which is fine. I have it set to alert me when they are on for more than 30 minutes. The problem is my alarm goes off constantly, as the heaters are staying on for very long periods, but the tank isn't overheating so the alarm doesn't need to go off. Here's the HeatError VO I have...

Set OFF
If Output Heater_2_4 = ON Then ON
If Output Heat2_2_6 = OFF Then OFF
Defer 030:00 Then ON

What can I add, and where should I add it, to only trigger this alarm if the heater is on for a long time AND the temp goes too high. Clearly I am not good with coding and I am nervous to make any changes without help.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing what kind of heaters you have or how they're setup (ie: do they regulate temperature or does the Apex?), it's hard to provide specifics.

I have 3 titanium heaters; 2 are controller by an Inkbird and 1 is an emergency backup controlled by the Apex. All 3 are connected to a EB832. I have a series of programming routines to completely control and regulate these (which I won't bore you with), and I created a virtual outlet to trigger my alarm:

vTemp
Set OFF
If Tmp > 80.0 Then ON
If TmpX > 80.0 Then ON
If Output HYGGER_BACK = ON Then ON

I have two temperature probes (one in the tank and one in the sump), and I only want to know if the tertiary (emergency) heater is ever triggered.

EmailAlm_15
Set OFF
If Output vTemp = ON Then ON

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 83 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back