Apex help, defer alarm after maintenance VO

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i have a maintenance outlet , usual stuff off, the issue sometimes is turning the VO off, my alarms for sump temp go off, takes a minute for the temp to equalize, then the alarms go off. The tank temp doesn't drop , just the sump water temp by a tic. water change, i empty the sump, then refill.

How would i add a delay for the alarms in my code ?? I have a classic with display. guessing 5 minutes would work, for example.
thank you for your time.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can create a second virtual output that watches for the Maintenance VO, but has a Defer timer causing it to delay turning off until X minutes after Maintenance is off. For items that you want to delay alarms, use a virtual output that monitors the condition, but stays Off based on the new delayed maintenance. Example:

Maint_Delay (virtual output)
——————
Set OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then ON
Defer 005:00 Then OFF

Alert_Temp (virtual output)
——————
Set OFF
If Temp > 80 Then ON
If Temp < 76 Then ON
If Output Maint_Delay = ON Then OFF

Remove any existing Temp alarm monitoring you currently have in place, then add this to your EmailAlm output:

EmailAlm
—————
Set OFF
If Output Alert_Temp = ON Then ON

See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for more details and ideas: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-6-alarms.707/

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also use Feed modes for maintenance add

If FeedA 005 Then OFF

to your alarm outlet programming. It will keep the alarm off while FeedA is active and for an additional 5 minutes afterwards.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If FeedA 005 Then OFF

to your alarm outlet programming. It will keep the alarm off while FeedA is active and for an additional 5 minutes afterwards.

The reason I avoid this approach is that it will ignore all alarms during Feed mode, even if they are critical like leak detectors. I prefer to selectively pause alarms using virtual outputs.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I avoid this approach is that it will ignore all alarms during Feed mode, even if they are critical like leak detectors. I prefer to selectively pause alarms using virtual outputs.
True - you can avoid that depending on how you write/order your alarm code, though. Personally, I figure that if I have FeedC on for maintenance, I’m going to be close by and I often splash a bit and trigger the leak detector anyway.

OP
OP
J

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your help

i cheated a bit, and added If Output Maint_Delay = ON Then OFF to my display warnings, and email.
my only alerts are for temperature. could add for ph too, but my systems are quite basic compared to many/most

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If FeedA 005 Then OFF

I used do this same thing for my feedC which is my maintenance mode. I typically turn it off because I finish maintenance before the feed mode times out, and I still get the alarm.

What I ended up doing is just using a VO that defers time even if I cancel the feed mode.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back