Apex IOTA and Kessil Question

DavidRZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Kessil A500X lights connected to my Apex through IOTA. Has been working well since I set this up a few months ago.

Yesterday we had some storms roll through the area. The power flickered several times, but never went completely out. When I went to take a look at the tank this morning, the lights were still on. The Fusion app said the lights were on at 23% although the program would have them off at this hour. It seems the Kessil dongle had reset and stopped connecting to the Apex, assuming due to the power outage. I used the Kessil app to reconnect the lights and all seem to be functioning fine now.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Is it normal for the Kessil to be affected by a power outage like this? Has me very concerned and thought I'd check here with other users before reaching out to Kessil.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a Kessil but I do have a pair of Sicce pumps connected through IOTA, and they always reconnect 100% after a power failure, if I turn the power off or reboot the Apex.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back