Apex issue.

JVan82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today my APEX (classic, fully up to date) has restarted 5 times, turns off for 1 second and comes right back on. No power loss, it's not storming. Main concern is every time it restarts the ATO (Tunze 3155) pumps water, not wanting huge salinity swings. Thoughts

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happens to me when my home internet is spotty. Will reboot the tank multiple times for no reason. Disconnecting from the internet until the service is reliably restored is the only thing I've found that helps.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today my APEX (classic, fully up to date) has restarted 5 times, turns off for 1 second and comes right back on. No power loss, it's not storming. Main concern is every time it restarts the ATO (Tunze 3155) pumps water, not wanting huge salinity swings. Thoughts

When you say "fully up to date", what version are you running? Neptune released version 4.53_4D19 for the Apex Classic in August 2019 and it directly addressed the issue you're describing. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

OP
OP
JVan82

JVan82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "fully up to date", what version are you running? Neptune released version 4.53_4D19 for the Apex Classic in August 2019 and it directly addressed the issue you're describing. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/
Up to date as to when I log into apex there isnt a notification that it needs an update. I'll check mine, thank you.

Update! I'm not up to date. Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVan82

JVan82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happens to me when my home internet is spotty. Will reboot the tank multiple times for no reason. Disconnecting from the internet until the service is reliably restored is the only thing I've found that helps.
Internet had been touchy, but it's AT&T fiber you'd think it'd always be good... smh

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internet had been touchy, but it's AT&T fiber you'd think it'd always be good... smh
No, that's exactly what I have as well. I last checked for an update in July when I was having tons of problems....guess they released the update after I checked. Go figure.

ddmiller23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine starting doing the same thing some time this evening. I Logged into fusion because my ato was running every time also and all of my settings are gone... Is there any way to recover settings I hope? I think someone pushed a very bad update or something.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP go into Apex local, go to-> configuration -> module set up and make sure all modules are current.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back