Apex Jr & Reeflink.. I was given both, do I need both?

JAYSON DAVIS

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new back to reef keeping after many years away. The hobby as evolved and improved significantly! My wife purchased me a new IM 40 Nuvo Fusion tank as a gift and I purchase some used equipment from a local reefer moving out of state and selling his equipment. All the equipment is like new including all the original boxes. Eco-Tech MP10, Radion 15, Reeflink, skimmer, pump, Tunze ATO, heater, apex jr, ro/di system, test kits, chemicals, etc. My question is... Do I need to run both the Apex JR & EcoTech Reeflink? Is that redundant, or an advantage to run both? Thank you for any advice.
 
The Jr. Is a slimmed down version of the regular APEX which is used to control all kinds of things in our tanks. The Reeflink is for Ecotech products like the Radion and MP wavemakers. Personally, I like the user interface of the Reeflink for my Ecotech gear better than the Apex. The Apex requires a seperase module (WXM) to control Ecotech products
 
Ok, thank you for your input and knowledge. So sounds like should use both... I can use Reeflink with my Ecotech products and use the Apex Jr for other things like heater, PH, return pump, etc.
Thanks again :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new