Apex jr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last few nights I have had a bunch of alerts go off on my phone. Best I can tell it's related to my heater turning on or off. I have my warning set to 2 degrees below and above my set temp so it should not be that and it looks like the temp has staid fairly stable not sure what it is going on
07cc385fc74faba422743ce674961286.png

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your tempeture graph, in the fusion app. Does it show a drop in in temp for a period of time. You should see a big dip in the graph. Also you may notice that the Apex is showing the power on for the heater outlet. However your temp is not going up? If so your heater may be dead. I ask these questions because my heater died yesterday . I got an alert from my Apex, similar to what you have above. I didn't get as many alarms as you did. Because I was playing around with my apex settings as it was happening. I Could be wrong. However check your heater, I bet it's gone.

OP
OP
Seth Goldberg

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your tempeture graph, in the fusion app. Does it show a drop in in temp for a period of time. You should see a big dip in the graph. Also you may notice that the Apex is showing the power on for the heater outlet. However your temp is not going up? If so your heater may be dead. I ask these questions because my heater died yesterday . I got an alert from my Apex, similar to what you have above. I didn't get as many alarms as you did. Because I was playing around with my apex settings as it was happening. I Could be wrong. However check your heater, I bet it's gone.
Looking at the graph for the heater it does look like it's not keeping up with the tank needs but my swing is less than a degree and a half. But it definitely a little weird
8314b6a253845699e67dd7168351c280.png
243229d40fca7127877753f2631406c4.png

OP
OP
Seth Goldberg

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I bought the apex jr used but you can see where the guy I bought it from had an ideal cycle I don't get why mine heater cycle is so much larger

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a apex system. I'm currently doing my reading up on them. Could this be a result of a faulty probe? Just a thought I had.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe your heater is bad. Your temp never gets back to your set temp. The swings you are seeing are due to the changes in your house temp. When your ambient temp goes up, so does your tank temp. Put a new heater on your tank and see if your temp doesn't go up and stabilize. What size is your tank.

OP
OP
Seth Goldberg

Seth Goldberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe your heater is bad. Your temp never gets back to your set temp. The swings you are seeing are due to the changes in your house temp. When your ambient temp goes up, so does your tank temp. Put a new heater on your tank and see if your temp doesn't go up and stabilize. What size is your tank.

45g and I'm using an eheim jager 150 that I bought new for this tank so about 3 months old

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty new heater. I would still get a new one. Even if it turns out that it's not the heater, you still need a back up heater so you will not lose anything. Then if the heater turns out bad as I think it is, you can return it for a new one. By the way do you see the Orange light that comes on when the heater is on?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back