Apex newb

Barry Bowen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi peoples
I’m very new to this type of reefing and all items including apex are still in boxes until I can build a control display cabinet.

To set up a trident along with 2 Dos pumps, would it be best to get a 1Link module along with 3 cables for each item (listed above) to minimize power supplies and cables?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi peoples
I’m very new to this type of reefing and all items including apex are still in boxes until I can build a control display cabinet.

To set up a trident along with 2 Dos pumps, would it be best to get a 1Link module along with 3 cables for each item (listed above) to minimize power supplies and cables?
Does your Apex have the EB832 EnergyBar? If so, it has 3 built-in 1Link ports (that's the "3" in EB832) where you could connect the 2 DOS and Trident without the need to purchase a separate 1Link module.
EB832 (1).jpg

See my Apex Hardware Overview for more details on every Apex module:

OP
OP
B

Barry Bowen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi suncrestReef
Yes it does have the EB832.
Thanks for the info.
So would I need to purchase just the 3 male-male cables or should that cable be with each Dos and Trident?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back