Apex not reacting to Switch Position. HELP!!! ATO Overfilled.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I switched over from my old Apex Classic to a new Apex 2016 wifi with two EB832s. Everything has been going “swimmingly” until last night. My tank ato turns on every 6 hours. It works off a float switch and an outlet controlling a pump. I copied the code from my previous apex ATO which never failed or had an issue.

Last night, the ATO turned on and ran at midnight like I have scheduled. I woke up to an alarm on my phone that my ATO reservoir was low and I had an ATO error which means that the ATO was on for longer than 3 minutes. I went to the basement to check the sump and it was over filled. This raised the height in my skimmer chamber and the skimmer over flowed. (This is a concern because I have a float switch in the skimmer cup that turns it off when it is over full.) It also dropped my salinity some. 33ppt from 35.

I have no idea why this is happening. I checked my switches in Fusion and they are in the correct position to turn off the outlets yet the outlets stay on. Heres my code:

ATOPump34

Fallback OFF

Set OFF

If Time 00:00 to 00:05 Then ON

If Time 06:00 to 06:05 Then ON

If Time 12:00 to 12:05 Then ON

If Time 18:00 to 18:05 Then ON

Defer 000:05 Then ON

If Opplev OPEN Then OFF

When On > 003:00 Then OFF

If Output ReturnVirt = OFF Then OFF

If Output KillSwitch = ON Then OFF

Defer 000:06 Then OFF

Opplev is the switch in the sump. When its open, the sump is at the correct height. When its closed, the sump is low on water.

Skimmer13

Fallback OFF

Set OFF

If Time 23:45 to 12:15 Then ON

If Output ReturnVirt = OFF Then OFF

If Skim CLOSED Then OFF

Defer 005:00 Then ON

If Output KillSwitch = ON Then OFF

Skim is my Skimmer switch. Its open when the skimmer is empty and its closed when the skimmer is full. When I came down this morning, the skimmer was running and over full and Fusion showed the Skim switch as closed.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Maybe your float switch is bad? You should setup a backup switch, high in the sump, so if it almost overflows the sump it'll trigger the backup right before and shut off the ATO. That's how I have mine set.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_SW OPEN Then ON
If Backup CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON
Min Time 005:00 Then OFF

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny. I have the back up switch and it's wired. I just didn't have room in the break out box.

I also find it odd that the sump switch and the skimmer switch both went bad at the same time.

That being said, the switches are working properly and show in fusion properly and yet the outlets aren't reacting to the switch positions.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your code looks ok to me. I doubt both switches would both go bad at the same time.
If your switches are reading correctly but the outlets aren't responding, there may be some code corruption.
I'd make sure that your AOS software is current and then reboot the system.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the DIN plug for the break out box is properly seated in the head unit (or module).

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the DIN plug for the break out box is properly seated in the head unit (or module).
Had this happen to me. Thought I plugged it in all the way, but it was not. It drove me insane trying to figure out why none of my switches would work properly.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, me too, that why I posted it. Drove me nuts. Could not figure out why my switches wouldn’t work properly. Ended up on the phone with Neptune and the guy said ‘make sure the din plug is fully seated’. DOH!

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, me too, that why I posted it. Drove me nuts. Could not figure out why my switches wouldn’t work properly. Ended up on the phone with Neptune and the guy said ‘make sure the din plug is fully seated’. DOH!

Same kind of issue with odd switch malfunction occurs with optical sensor jacks not being fully inserted into the FMM ports.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back