Apex optical sensor to stop a DOS AWC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Woodneers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Woodneers

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
554
Reaction score
435
Location
Dodge city KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea how to program an optical sensor to stop my dos? It does a 2 gallon per day water change and the idea is the optical sensor will stop the DOS and hopefully text me when the water tub is full. I don’t see any programming in the DOS tile or the optical sensor. I’m sure I’m missing something here. The optical is plugged into an fmm that runs my ATO and I’m using a spare port for that optical sensor. Also the optical sensor is showing open when submerged....
 
The sensor should report Closed when submerged. Make sure the plug is fully inserted and that the FMM properly detects it as Optical.

Once that is sorted out, all you need to do is add one line the the Advanced tab for both DOS heads:

If Sensor CLOSED Then OFF

Substitute the name of your sensor.

For the notification text, add this to your EmailAlm programming:

If Sensor CLOSED Then ON

See my Apex tutorials for more tips:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/
 
Got it! Thank you, I could never find the advance tab before. Just had to go looking for it. Ended up adding it to both dos-add and the dos-remove but I think it will work. I’ll be at home today to keep an eye on it! Thanks again!

80A9EDC1-428A-434F-BE2B-174F974DDF44.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new