Apex Outlet Help!!

KomsCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason only 2 outlets on my apex are working?? And on the apex fusion app there is only those 2 outlets visible for programming. Its like the other outlets need to be activated or added somehow? Anyone ever have this issue or know what I need to do? Thank you in advance!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For some reason only 2 outlets on my apex are working?? And on the apex fusion app there is only those 2 outlets visible for programming. Its like the other outlets need to be activated or added somehow? Anyone ever have this issue or know what I need to do? Thank you in advance!
Assure they are on" ON" or "AUTO" and you have timers/schedules set on each outlet

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Fusion, click the padlock icon to unlock the dashboard and reveal the unused tiles window at the top of the screen. Scroll left to right through the unused tiles, then click and drag the ones you want onto the dashboard. Click the padlock again when done.

OP
OP
KomsCorals

KomsCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Fusion, click the padlock icon to unlock the dashboard and reveal the unused tiles window at the top of the screen. Scroll left to right through the unused tiles, then click and drag the ones you want onto the dashboard. Click the padlock again when done.
Ok I added everything that was in the unused section! Now I turned everything on and still no power to the outlets. I even changed one to “light” (labeled new) and still nothing. Here is a picture of the dashboard, the lower ones (heater, skimmer) are the only previous that have worked from day one. The rest no luck. Also what are all the Sw1,2,3,etc?
Thank you for the help!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I added everything that was in the unused section! Now I turned everything on and still no power to the outlets. I even changed one to “light” (labeled new) and still nothing. Here is a picture of the dashboard, the lower ones (heater, skimmer) are the only previous that have worked from day one. The rest no luck. Also what are all the Sw1,2,3,etc?
Thank you for the help!
You didn't post the screenshot, so I can't see your dashboard.

Are you using a touchscreen device (like an iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)? If so, those have a default feature called Safety Covers which prevent the outputs from being active until you unlock them to prevent "butt dialing" from accidentally activating an output. Do you see gray diagonal stripes across the sliders? If so, they are locked. Swipe your finger from right to left to unlock it, then you can click to activate it.

IMG_C7F4D5614203-1.jpeg

As for the Sw1, Sw2, etc., those are the six built-in switch ports from the round I/O port on the Apex where you can connect a breakout box. The breakout box can be used to attach float sensors, magnetic door switches, pressure switches, etc. If you don't have anything plugged into your I/O port, then those switch inputs are not in use and can be removed from your dashboard.

Bottom-View-w-callouts.jpeg

OP
OP
KomsCorals

KomsCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't post the screenshot, so I can't see your dashboard.

Are you using a touchscreen device (like an iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)? If so, those have a default feature called Safety Covers which prevent the outputs from being active until you unlock them to prevent "butt dialing" from accidentally activating an output. Do you see gray diagonal stripes across the sliders? If so, they are locked. Swipe your finger from right to left to unlock it, then you can click to activate it.

IMG_C7F4D5614203-1.jpeg

As for the Sw1, Sw2, etc., those are the six built-in switch ports from the round I/O port on the Apex where you can connect a breakout box. The breakout box can be used to attach float sensors, magnetic door switches, pressure switches, etc. If you don't have anything plugged into your I/O port, then those switch inputs are not in use and can be removed from your dashboard.

Bottom-View-w-callouts.jpeg
Sorry, would of definitely been more helpful if I posted the pictures that I said I was going to lol. I posted them above. Yeah when I turn everything to “on” nothing happens. On the powerbar only 1 or 2 of the orange lights light up, which I imagine indicate power is being ran to the outlet? Not sure what else I am doing wrong?? Thank you

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try updating the EB832 software, even if it’s listed as OK. Go to the list of Modules, click the EB832, then from the Action dropdown select Software Update and save the changes by clicking the orange arrow at the top.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back