aerialdronemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I just want to add an interesting info
My Ph was constantly 7.8 7.9
I just enabled the TC on my PH advanced tab , and it is showing 7.41 PH now .
What a difference.

Wondering why would I want to use it without the TC when it is showing a difference value

Tom

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should the TC be enabled? I just checked this and it appears my default setting had it disabled.

also, I did not put the packets in my tank to match tank temp, how screwed are my values going to be due to this? I already used the solution and thrown it away before I did a Google search and this appeared!

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think TC should be enabled. It's more accurate. However, don't change setting until you're ready to calibrate again. Floating packs in sump/tank before is recommended.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that your temp probe is reading accurately too.
How can I tell if the temp probe is reading accurately? I have different readings on all 3 different temp gauges I can use (trident, InkBird, Hanna salinity checker). I’m not worried as they are all relatively close (within 1 degree) but if the trident probe is the one that is off how can I calibrate it so it does not affect the PH probe? The “get started” option from apex said the temp probe does not need calibrated so it did not have a tutorial for me to complete.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I tell if the temp probe is reading accurately? I have different readings on all 3 different temp gauges I can use (trident, InkBird, Hanna salinity checker). I’m not worried as they are all relatively close (within 1 degree) but if the trident probe is the one that is off how can I calibrate it so it does not affect the PH probe? The “get started” option from apex said the temp probe does not need calibrated so it did not have a tutorial for me to complete.
I just check against a good thermometer.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do we have to calibrate the PH probe? Is it a monthly calibration? I can not find anything on the get started tutorials with the ApexEL

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do we have to calibrate the PH probe? Is it a monthly calibration? I can not find anything on the get started tutorials with the ApexEL
I would monthly to quarterly depending on your comfort. I manually test mine weekly so I know about how much off my probe is

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back