Apex problem

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was sitting in my room when my return suddenly shut off. It seems my Apex went into a feed mode as my display was showing feed schedules. I have been running with this Apex for at least a year. I have never programed a feed mode into the return or skimmer and have never had this happen before. I am going on vacation tomorrow and now I'm worried.

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be some code somewhere that ran. I'd double check the code for the skimmer and return to make sure there is nothing refering to feed mode in it. Also check to make sure there are no tasks floating around. I know my apex, for some reason, didn't have any code written for feed mode. It seems like they are suppose to, but when I went to test it out the other day nothing was set up.

Xyclade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can check what the scripts are behind the different modules in your Apex. In this case you are mainly worried about the Return pump I assume?

In that case, enter configuration mode on the Return, and then click on the configuration wheel on the top right, and switch to Advanced. There you will find the script, if any.
1601409833286.png

If you don't use feed mode at all, you can just put a line: "SET ON" and save it. Don't forget to hit the upload button. In case additional devices turned off, the same goes for those.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first question is, who did you give control of your apex?

I remember sitting next to my tank and my lights went off, needless to say, my buddy was playing a joke on me... he no longer has access to my apex.

The other concern would be that something triggered feed mode... without seeing your set up and coding it's hard to say.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I switched it from return to always so it just stays on. It was set to return and what ever was on there by default. I am retired and always by my tank and it has never done that before. I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's shutting down.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back