Apex Program for ATO reservoir

jopalmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATO reservoir that I’d like to setup to automate the process slightly more than it is currently. I’m using a BRS top off doser running from my freshwater storage tank labeled as ATO_FILL
I know it takes 2:50 min to fill. I have been going in to turn on the dosing pump and setting an alarm on my phone to remind me to go back and turn off the pump when time expires. I know there it a way to automate this with virtual outlets but haven’t been able to figure out the programming. I also have an FMM module with an optical float sensor labeled ATOHIGH that if it happens to ever be higher that this it would switch off.
Can someone please help out with the program I should be starting with?
pics included to show setup

image.jpg image.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[ATO_FILL]
Fallback OFF
If ATOHI CLOSED Then OFF
When ON > 002:50 Then OFF
When OFF > 000:01 Then OFF

Leave this slider set to OFF when not in use. When you’re ready to fill the reservoir, move the slider to ON and then to AUTO. The pump will turn on and run for 2:50 and then the When ON timer will move the slider back to the manual OFF position. If for some reason it fills faster than expected, the ATOHI sensor will turn it off, and then the When OFF timer will force the slider back to the manual OFF position.

Just change the name of the sensor in my code to match yours. Your original post said it's named "ATOHIGH", but that is 7 characters, and inputs are limited to 6 characters.

OP
OP
jopalmighty

jopalmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,

I just tried this code, every time I change it from ON to Auto it still turns the outlet OFF automatically.

Fallback OFF
If ATOHgh CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 002:50 Then OFF
When Off > 000:01 Then OFF
If Leak1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Leak2 CLOSED Then OFF

OP
OP
jopalmighty

jopalmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[ATO_FILL]
Fallback OFF
If ATOHI CLOSED Then OFF
When ON > 002:50 Then OFF
When OFF > 000:01 Then OFF

Leave this slider set to OFF when not in use. When you’re ready to fill the reservoir, move the slider to ON and then to AUTO. The pump will turn on and run for 2:50 and then the When ON timer will move the slider back to the manual OFF position. If for some reason it fills faster than expected, the ATOHI sensor will turn it off, and then the When OFF timer will force the slider back to the manual OFF position.

Just change the name of the sensor in my code to match yours. Your original post said it's named "ATOHIGH", but that is 7 characters, and inputs are limited to 6 characters.q
I Still have not been able to figure out the programming and wanted to get your input to see what I've done wrong with my code.
Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back