Apex programming AND protein skimmer

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my protein skimmer programmed on my Apex to be off when in "maintenance" mode (water change, etc., etc.) and then wait for five minutes after I end MX mode to allow the sump water level to get back to normal before the skimmer restarts. I also programmed it to shut off when my skimmate locker fills up. Both of those were working just fine.

I decided to up my game (after reading revhtree's guide) and program the skimmer to remain off for XX minutes after FeedA "fish feeding" and FeedC "Coral Feeding". I'm trying to get the skimmer to stay off for XX minutes AFTER the feed cycle ends. My thought process being I want to give the food time to circulate before I start the skimmer back up. Once I entered the FeedA and FeedC statements...the skimmer doesn't shut down when I select FeedA or FeedC. I moved the statements around so much trying to get it right...I don't remember my "original" order before I added the Feed statements so I'm not sure what the proper order would be.

Any help would be appreciated

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedC 045 Then OFF
If Locker OPEN Then OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF
If Output Maintenance = OFF Then ON
Defer 005:00 Then ON

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my protein skimmer programmed on my Apex to be off when in "maintenance" mode (water change, etc., etc.) and then wait for five minutes after I end MX mode to allow the sump water level to get back to normal before the skimmer restarts. I also programmed it to shut off when my skimmate locker fills up. Both of those were working just fine.

I decided to up my game (after reading revhtree's guide) and program the skimmer to remain off for XX minutes after FeedA "fish feeding" and FeedC "Coral Feeding". I'm trying to get the skimmer to stay off for XX minutes AFTER the feed cycle ends. My thought process being I want to give the food time to circulate before I start the skimmer back up. Once I entered the FeedA and FeedC statements...the skimmer doesn't shut down when I select FeedA or FeedC. I moved the statements around so much trying to get it right...I don't remember my "original" order before I added the Feed statements so I'm not sure what the proper order would be.

Any help would be appreciated

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedC 045 Then OFF
If Locker OPEN Then OFF
I'm very new at programming the Apex also. I was able to post a few questions here on this forum and received the correct programming lines in a matter of minutes.

J.D.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I do the same thing. I created a Virtual outlet called VFeed, it runs at 10:30 dailey for a auto feeder and doser. The Skimmer is off for 30 min allows Red Sea AB+ to circulate. Here is the programming Skimmer portion.

Screenshot_20220216-075146_APEX Fusion.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PigDaddyF15E

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new at programming the Apex also. I was able to post a few questions here on this forum and received the correct programming lines in a matter of minutes.

Thanks. I've been over there looking for a solution. Search results took quite a while to sort through. Can't find a specific response so I posted my question there as well.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to remove this line because it’s overriding the Feed commands.

In Apex programming there’s no need to check if and output is off and then also check if it’s on. Instead, the Set command handles the 2nd condition.

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedC 045 Then OFF
If Locker OPEN Then OFF

OP
OP
PigDaddyF15E

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to remove this line because it’s overriding the Feed commands.

In Apex programming there’s no need to check if and output is off and then also check if it’s on. Instead, the Set command handles the 2nd condition.

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedC 045 Then OFF
If Locker OPEN Then OFF
Thanks! I've removed it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back