Red Sea ReefMat 500 - Fleece Roller Apex Fusion Programming

jacksoje00

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All. I'm planning to soon install a Red Sea Reefmat 500 and would like to add some programming for feed modes, defer statement, ect. As the unit has it's own self contained system through a level contact sensor to roll out clean fleece, is there any special programming I need to do? My main question is - as the unit has it's own stand-alone control system and Red Sea app, will the unit operate properly with the EB8 outlet set to AUTO?

The reason I ask is that I formerly had an ATO system that had it's own control system such as the Tunze Osmolator, and in order for it to work properly, the EB8 outlet had to be switched to ON all the time.

Below is what I'm planning to use (the VOs are for AFS and push button feed switch):

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF
If Output vFeedB = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF

Please let me know if you see any issues here. TIA

OP
OP
jacksoje00

jacksoje00

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Since the OP, I have installed the ReefMat 500. At the time of the OP I didn't have a good understanding of the water levels during normal operation and during feed cycles with the return pump completely off. I have found that even in feed cycles, the water levels never reach the sensor to roll out more mat. For this reason, I have the EB outlet to "Always On" and just allow the ReefMat sensor to control. In my case, I actually don't even see the need for Apex control. Thanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back