APEX Programming Help

ClutchCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am hoping to confirm I got my programming right for my APEX Controller. First, a little background:

I have an approx. 90 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump (RS 425xl). I still don't have my Hanna nitrate checker I ordered from BRS over a month ago so I don't know my nitrate levels, but I just got an ICP test done and can confirm that I have in fact zeroed out and have zero phosphates. I don't really have algae so it's not like it is all locked up in the growth either, so feel like I truly have zeroed out on phosphates.

As for filtration I have a Nyos Skimmer and I change out my filter floss every other day (I guess I should slow down the frequency). I know I need to start feeding more and adding more fish. Currently I am stocked with a mated pair of black clownfish, a purple firefish, 2 springer damsels, an orangeback fairy wrasse, and I have a pintail fairy wrasse chilling in the acclimation box almost ready to swim with his peers in the main tank. My tank is still super young and only 2 months old so I still have a ways to go through my stocking list - i.e. trio of anthias, some tangs, etc. I don't want to add a fish for the sake of adding a fish that doesn't fit into the ultimate stocking plan, but I figured I may add some cardinals or chromis this weekend just to get more fish making waste. That said, I am open to ideas so let me know if you can think of any other additions I am not considering. Perhaps a basslet - my LFS had a cool swiss guard last time I visited?

Now, onto the crux of my question. I want to at least partially address this situation by turning my protein skimmer off at night. I have not dabbled with programming my APEX, except for when I set up my autofeeder, so I was hoping someone within the community can take a look at my code and help me confirm I am on the right track. Here goes:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Time 19:30 to 09:00 Then OFF
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

Thanks everyone and please let me know if I screwed things up or if you have any ideas to improve the code.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, your Apex code will turn the skimmer off at 7:30 pm (19:30) and then it will turn back on at 9:05 am (9:00 + 5 minute Defer delay).

Feel free to check out my whole series of Apex tutorials to get up to speed:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back