Apex Sales

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Neptune ever have sales on their Apex systems? If so, when do they usually happen? Slowly collecting parts for an upgrade. :D

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'm definitely set on the APEX. Was just hoping they had summer or Christmas or Black Friday or SOMETHING sales. Since I'm not in a rush, saving a coral worth of cash is worth it!

clsanchez77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never in 20 years have I seen them on sale, and I only recently upgraded from the AquaController Jr (pre-Apex) to the Apex Classic. I have to say, Aquabus is quite the upgrade from X-10 :D

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex is price controlled like tunze I believe... Price is same everywhere and have never seen a sale

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can find quite a bit of used or new apexs sold by fellow reefers.

True dat, but since I'm looking at the newest APEX and I'd probably want to replace the probes anyways, it's about as cost effective to just buy new and have the peace of mind.

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Friday is about it. If you purchase from somewhere like BRS or Marine Depot you can earn reward points which is basically cash back on a future purchase...

I'm actually going back and forth between getting it somewhere that offers points, or using my Live Aquaria/Dr Foster and Smith $100 gift certificate. One I get ~$35 on a future purchase, the other I get $100 back now, but can't spend that $100 on fish. :p

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually going back and forth between getting it somewhere that offers points, or using my Live Aquaria/Dr Foster and Smith $100 gift certificate. One I get ~$35 on a future purchase, the other I get $100 back now, but can't spend that $100 on fish. :p

BRS offers 10x rewards points the third Wednesday of every month (that's today, by the way) if you sign up for their preferred reefer program. I don't know what model you are in the market for but if you purchase an Apex 2016 you get $160 off a future purchase.

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS offers 10x rewards points the third Wednesday of every month (that's today, by the way) if you sign up for their preferred reefer program. I don't know what model you are in the market for but if you purchase an Apex 2016 you get $160 off a future purchase.

Thanks for the heads up! That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm looking at the newest APEX.

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My wife will only be a little annoyed. Good thing my birthday is the 6th!

2017-06-21%2008_21_01-Mail%20-%20adam.mengonoutlook.com.png

2017-06-21%2008_21_24-Mail%20-%20adam.mengonoutlook.com.png

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered one as well. And happy birthday @LbulletM

BRS sent out an email around noon with a coupon code on purchases over.... whatever it was it was under $800... for a free hat. I emailed asking if I could add the coupon code "BRSHAT" to my order and they obliged. Might want to jump on that if you want a free hat!

Noridin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sent out an email around noon with a coupon code on purchases over.... whatever it was it was under $800... for a free hat. I emailed asking if I could add the coupon code "BRSHAT" to my order and they obliged. Might want to jump on that if you want a free hat!
Oh yeah, it's from their BRSTV giveaway. I'll email them too and see what they say. Thx!

Edit: Success! Hat on the way. Thx again.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back