Apex temp probe gone haywire

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature probe is really acting strange lately. It currently says my tank is 82.7 degrees but a thermapen I have says my tank is 74. I don't know what to believe right now and am started to freak out a bit because these are two extremes. What do i believe? I have purchased another temp probe but obviously it won't be here for at least 4-5 days. The tank is located in the basement and the AC has been on and off running for the past few days, it is not hot down here.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would suggest going to walmart or similar store and buying a few cheap thermometers to double and triple check.

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its funny i saw this.. i had the same problem. I tried calibrating it. and it would hold temp for like few hours and slowly start creeping up again. So i bought a new one and now im all set.. Although hated to spend $29, its a worthy investment

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its funny i saw this.. i had the same problem. I tried calibrating it. and it would hold temp for like few hours and slowly start creeping up again. So i bought a new one and now im all set.. Although hated to spend $29, its a worthy investment
Yea i had one starting to drift pretty bad. Luckily i had an extra. Im going to buy another as well. Better to have an extra on hand. I was heading on vacation and it saved me having a backup!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back