Apex UL Raiting

ReefingBliss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I run a medical marijuana dispensary in Michigan. We have a saltwater tank in my office at the shop. I would like to put a controller on the tank. The issue is any surge protector or power strip used in the building needs to be UL 1363 certified can any one verify that the Apex is. I would hate to buy it just to have the state come in on inspections and tell me we have to take it down.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d email customer service or check out their forums. They’re very responsive.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I run a medical marijuana dispensary in Michigan. We have a saltwater tank in my office at the shop. I would like to put a controller on the tank. The issue is any surge protector or power strip used in the building needs to be UL 1363 certified can any one verify that the Apex is. I would hate to buy it just to have the state come in on inspections and tell me we have to take it down.

I don’t know for sure but I would imagine with as popular as it is and being in as many places including Dr and Dentis office that it’s not
But wait and see what the experts say

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They announced the UL listing on Facebook on 4/5

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

We’ve waited long enough! And we can’t believe that no one has spotted this yet.

Since the second half of 2018 our Energy Bar 832 has been certified by Intertek, a NRTL, for more than one key UL standard.

As we do with all of our products, we designed the EB832 to be safe and meet UL standards, but to get the stamp of approval it still took two and a half long years of testing and certification, both for the product and our factories — even though there were no significant design changes.

To the best of our knowledge, we are the first aquarium product of this type to obtain this level of certification.

Here is a photo of the label on our Energy Bar 832.

upload_2019-4-7_13-27-20.png

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back