Apex/ Varios pump connection question

mboley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just successfully hooked up my Varios pump to my Apex Classic with the 10V cable. My understanding is that when Apex is set to AUTO it will run at the percentage of power programmed, and when Apex is in ON position it will run and the setting on the Octo Pump controller.

I have my Apex set to AUTO and it runs at the % set, but when I switch the Apex to ON it does not run at the setting on the Octo Pump controller, but wants to run full speed!

Is that correct? If I accidentally move my Fusion setting to ON without noticing my tank will overflow, as I have an oversized pump.

Did I get incorrect info or did I miss something? How do I get the Varios pump to run slower if I accidently move my Apex slider setting to ON?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just successfully hooked up my Varios pump to my Apex Classic with the 10V cable. My understanding is that when Apex is set to AUTO it will run at the percentage of power programmed, and when Apex is in ON position it will run and the setting on the Octo Pump controller.

I have my Apex set to AUTO and it runs at the % set, but when I switch the Apex to ON it does not run at the setting on the Octo Pump controller, but wants to run full speed!

Is that correct? If I accidentally move my Fusion setting to ON without noticing my tank will overflow, as I have an oversized pump.

Did I get incorrect info or did I miss something? How do I get the Varios pump to run slower if I accidently move my Apex slider setting to ON?
The octo controller can only be in 3rd part control or external control so it does absolutely nothing to change the speed of the pump when connected to apex. If you move the slider to On then it will run at 100%

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back