Apex vs GHL for a school aquarium

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I manage the marine lab at our school and wanted to pick your brains about what you would think would be the best controller/monitor for our schools 120g display tank. We basically want something that can act as a failsafe when we are away from the tanks out of school hours such as weekends, breaks, etc. Some of the other cool tech such as auto testing are also very cool and would be awesome to show the marine science class. It seems there are followings for both of the brands and that they both have there positives/downfalls. My big question for you is what brand would you go for if you had to decide on one for this tank. I have read as many threads as possible and keep going back and forth on the matter.

Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both of these brands are great, but IMO you will have an easier time finding someone that is familiar with Apex and finding help online. Good luck with whichever you choose!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of these brands are great, but IMO you will have an easier time finding someone that is familiar with Apex and finding help online. Good luck with whichever you choose!
Thanks! From what I've gathered GHL is a pita to work on but once you get it going its incredibly solid but apex has tons more user support and availability.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really haven't even considered Hydros. Why did you choose them over the bigger brands.
It’s what I use at home. I think the programming will be easier for all students to engage with. I can also set up various accounts with permissions so students can monitor on their devices. We will be starting with an X4/XP8 pro pack.

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s what I use at home. I think the programming will be easier for all students to engage with. I can also set up various accounts with permissions so students can monitor on their devices. We will be starting with an X4/XP8 pro pack.
I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for bringing it up!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back