Aplysia dactylomela (winged sea hare) for Bubble Algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LgTas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LgTas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
551
Reaction score
515
Location
Tasmania
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with winged sea hares eating Bubble Algae?

I know the risks so want to see I they are worth it.

At this stage not interested in other controls methods.
 
I don't think they eat bubble algae at all. Sea Hares eat hair algae and some allegedly eat sea lettuce or nori with mixed results, but bubble algae I don't see any evidence on.

If you're looking for bubble algae control pithos crabs are kind of it. Emeralds are hit or miss, pithos are safer.

For example; I had added 2 pithos, and 20 snails to a 29g that had a peacock mantis. The pithos were actually successful in removing most of the bubble algae before they were caught by the mantis, its been a year and its just only now starting to pop back up with nothing to control it. When I used emeralds they got all my zoas and mushrooms before touching the bubble algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new