Apogee MQ500 vs Seneye: Readings

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do some more detailed readings, please do share some if you have been able to compare the two.

Just a quick a dirty a second ago seems to reveal the seneye being a +10-20 par on average, though at one point (under heavy blue+uv led's; xr30w pro's) the mq read 45, the seneye read 115ish.

I will say the seneye definitely jumps around more than the apogee. Though I'm curious to hear others experience on the apogee, one other person thought the readings were a bit low, I would probably have to agree based on what I see with my eyes, though that is terrible to gauge accurately.

Wondering if anyone has seen or done a mq500 vs mq400 comparison...

I'll do some more readings tomorrow to see if spectrum differences exist. I tried a couple under some cheapo blue+white led's and that had a smaller variance at the +10-20 par over the mq, with the seneye.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say the seneye definitely jumps around more than the apogee.

Read up more on the unit more to see if/how people have been making use of it....it has a tighter intake lens than most meters. Could be a limitation, or it could make it more useful in some way (Seneye claims it is better, of course, so read up on why they say it's that way too)

But in any event, it is different. Some getting used to should be expected.

:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back