• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Appalled and disgusted!!!!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to share this experience I had today at one of my LFS's. If not the right place to warn people in AZ or visiting to avoid this place I apologize ;)
Back story.......
So there used to be a fantastic mom and pop place in Tempe called "Pets Inc.".it was a great shop with fantastic specimens and prices. About a year ago they closed their doors as the owner of the building wanted to raise their lease drastically (a whole separate story). It took the folks that owned the business a while to find a new location and get up and running but mid 2012 they reopened as "The Pet Shop" more towards the outskirts of town. I had visited once prior in September but since they were newly opened and still cycling and stuff it was a very short visit, although I was assured 2 times while there that I should be really excited as they now had more freedom and would be "blowing my mind".

Fast forward to today and I decide, hey wife and daughter, lets go see how this place is shaping up. Got on Google maps and set my gps to drive out there (45 minutes or so) and saw that there were some reviews posted as well. Read thru the 9 reviews and was impressed and filled with excitement with all the fantastic words written about the store ie. their knowledge, the customer service, "best stock in town", "best prices in town" etc.

So, we walk in the door and I immediately notice the owner sitting at the front counter, she does not acknowledge us in any way. B line straight for the saltwater section and yes, they were right, I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!!! Dead fish, not just dead but decaying and slimy, tiny coral frags, faded out specimens, corals that were 1/2-3/4 dead and prices so high I would need to refi my house just to think about a purchase.

Three examples I'll give you......
Green polyp birdsnest frags 3 in in size with all but the top 1/8in dead and bleached white (19.99)
A 1/4in red Yuma priced at $50
Single eagle eye and radioactive dragons for 4.99 per polyp

As a local business owner I wanted to investigate the current condition of the store before I wrote them off so I approached the owner and asked about the conditions and was told that they are great specimens and some of the best prices in the valley. I immediately piped in that as a reef addict, I visit ALL of my LFS's to make sure I never miss a deal ;) and that her prices were 40-60% higher than everyone else's and the stock desperately needed attention. I was then told I don't know what I'm talking about and given the info that they hand pick everything they sell and that their store was not for me.

It was clear to me that I would get nowhere with her so I found my wife and daughter and we left.

Take it for what you want and feel free to check it out yourself but if your in the area and looking for saltwater, REEF MONSTERS down the street is a much better option. Hope they figure it out someday :(

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

OP
OP
Dsdaley77

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not vendors though, it was more to warn and share an experience, not sure any will see it here :(

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not vendors though, it was more to warn and share an experience, not sure any will see it here :(

The purpose of the Vendor Feedback forum is
Lets hear your feedback from any reef-related vendors.

"Vendor" = any business. If they are a LFS, they are a vendor. This particular Vendor Feedback forum isn't just for Sponsoring vendors, but for any vendor.

If you want more local exposure and have a club forum, here on R2R, you could post it in that club's forum.

The purpose of the Announcement Forum is
Here is the place to post all announcements for aquarium society meetings, reef club activities, frag trades and other local events. This is also the place for all R2R forum info.
not for an individual to post feedback about a business.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dsdaley77

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, figured it was a local announcement, as sated previously, sorry.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back