Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out MTRC's monthly newsletter.
View this email in your browser
af824b6e-7c3b-4576-a038-6b295a1f8357.gif
April 2018 Newsletter

6ba16142-0405-4c12-a2b8-f9e7ce737c7f.jpg

From the Sand Bar:
  • Hobbyist Frag Swap: We are planning a Hobbyist Frag Swap for Saturday, April 7, 12pm, in New Hope at Member Rob Murray's shop. 1401 Cagle Rd. Ashland City, TN 37015 Weather permitting, we are planning a club grill-out, complete with hot dogs and hamburgers. Members are encouraged to bring a side dish (however not required) and enjoy the festivities. All members are welcome to bring frags and equipment to sell, barter, or swap with other members. We are also welcoming non-members to shop the event. We need your involvement to make this a success!
  • IMPORTANT: If you are volunteering your time or tables and chairs for the Music City Frag Swap in May, you MUST: sign-up before or during the April meeting to pick-up your volunteer tags that will allow you to have free parking on Saturday May 12 at the swap. Parking is handled by an outside vendor that the club has no control over, so we will not be able to reimburse those volunteers who do not pickup their passes before the day of the event.
  • 276db66c-498a-4397-8273-0e58eb47f404.jpg
  • We are starting a volunteer sign-up sheet for the Music City Frag Swap in May. We will keep it updated on Reef2Reef in our club section and also on Facebook "Middle Tennessee Reef Club Group" page. We will need volunteers for Friday, May 11 to assist with set-up starting at 1pm until 6pm. Saturday, May 12, we will need volunteers starting at 11am for front door and raffle positions. We will also need help with tear-down and cleanup from 5pm until 7pm. To receive free admission and parking you must sign-up for at least one hour of volunteer time on either Friday or Saturday.
  • 6e6203ae-4178-4ae2-81ba-c9d27f5bb356.jpg
  • To offset costs of the swap, we are asking members to bring their large rectangular tables in Friday, May 11 (doors will open at 1pm to vendors and volunteers) and pick them up Saturday at 5pm after the swap. Please let us know through our Facebook page "Middle Tennessee Reef Club" or through Reef2Reef in our club section ASAP for us to get an accurate count of tables to be rented from the vendor. Free admission and parking will be provided for those who volunteer their tables and chairs.
  • 47cb9b6f-612d-40fb-8fa0-d60a250d1ecf.jpg
    5c34857b-730c-45c9-9e1b-dcb90951dffe.jpg
  • MTRC will be selling T-shirts at the next April meeting, the frag swap, and online for preorders. If you are able, buy a T-shirt to show support for the club by wearing it at the frag swap. T-shirts will be $15 each for regular sizes (adult S to L) and $17 for plus sizes (1X to 3X).
  • 2a4192e3-3ae7-4e28-a96a-e80bdf59aaae.jpg
  • The Music City Frag Swap will be held Saturday, May 12 at the Nashville Fairgrounds-Wilson Hall. Special this year, for MTRC members only, we are allowed to enter the expo at 10am. Britewell Aquatics will be giving a presentation on their new products and will have free samples for us. After the presentation, you will get to view and purchase from vendors. Doors open to the public at 11am. Admission will be $5. Vendor tables are already full and there is a wait list for those vendors that missed out on the sign-up.
  • Emerald Bay will be hosting our June 16 meeting at 5pm. Member Jason Myers will be doing a presentation on Apex controllers and Triton Method.
  • WE had another GREAT turnout for our March meeting at Oceanside Aquariums! 38 members and guests attended the event!
  • Stay up to date on Reef2Reef.com or Middle Tennessee Reef Club on Facebook for the latest info.

***Reminder***
Not only do the BoD members help make this club what it is but our active members do as well. Remember you need to be present and a paid member at our meetings to be eligible for the raffles.
6149c8e9-103c-43a0-8e97-e36bfc2f5854.png
Reef2Reef MTRC Forum Private Section

If you are a paid member of MTRC and would like to have access to the private forum section on R2R please use this link to gain admission.

MTRC Private Forum Request Link
Who's on the B.O.D. of MTRC?

B.O.D. Position Name R2R Screen Name

President Connie Hanson mhansonVice President Jimmy Sumner Jimmys91Treasurer Mike Hanson mhansonSecretary Trina Jenkins skygirl997

Pricing Structure for MTRC Membership

MTRC yearly membership fees will remain the same for 2018 for both the individual membership ($20) and the family membership ($30).

Click here to Join/Renew

Monthly Meeting Info

Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018
Time: 12 PM
Where: Rob Murray's Shop
Address: 1401 Cagle Rd.
Ashland City, TN 37015

Membership Info

Head on over to our freshly updated website for all the information you need and more.

http://mtrc.org
Stay up to date and follow us at the following places:

MTRC.org

Facebook

R2R
Copyright © 2015 MTRC.org, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up as a member for the Middle Tennessee Reef Club.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back