Aptaisa?

garzajonathan1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
bakersfield, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Aptaisa? What's best way to remove?
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
 
Is this Aptaisa? What's best way to remove?
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
It is, there is several methods available to deal with them. Personally I like aipatsia_x for small numbers.
 
Berghia nudibranchs safest way. I breed and sell them to other people battling aiptasia in their tank.

There is risks when trying other methods, like aiptasia x, file fish, and peppermint shrimp. Each has more or less risks, but berghia nudibranchs only eat aiptasia and don't harm anything else except for your wallet but its a small price you pay for keeping your corals safe.
 
Is this Aptaisa? What's best way to remove?
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
For just a few, F-Aptasia as it covers the pest completely, then, in a week, just pluck it out intact.

For infestation, a copperband will eradicate these pests within a week.
 
Berghia nudibranchs safest way. I breed and sell them to other people battling aiptasia in their tank.

There is risks when trying other methods, like aiptasia x, file fish, and peppermint shrimp. Each has more or less risks, but berghia nudibranchs only eat aiptasia and don't harm anything else except for your wallet but its a small price you pay for keeping your corals safe.
I have had Aptasia in my 300g, Twice. I Have some in my sump right now, but I don't mind it there. I have added Berghia's to my DT Twice, they eat the Aptasia then I guess they die, because I never see them, with no ill effects I might add.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new