Aqamai KPS for Fluval evo 13.5?

Spark94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I recently purchased a Fluval evo 13.5 gal tank from kijiji. Tank has two clown fish, small zoas and one small torch. I bought the Jabeo sw-2 wavemaker. It was great and working perfectly fine for about a week. After that, the buttons on the controller gave out. I went back to the store and got a replacement. They working once again for about a week and now I’m in the same position.

I am giving up on the Jebao. I was thinking of getting the Aqamai KPS. I noticed online it says 370 gallon per hour plus flow rate. Would you think that is too much flow of the evo? I want controllability (reef mode, wave, night mode etc.) my 2nd option was the hydro nano 240, but it doesn’t have any controller. What do you guys think?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I recently purchased a Fluval evo 13.5 gal tank from kijiji. Tank has two clown fish, small zoas and one small torch. I bought the Jabeo sw-2 wavemaker. It was great and working perfectly fine for about a week. After that, the buttons on the controller gave out. I went back to the store and got a replacement. They working once again for about a week and now I’m in the same position.

I am giving up on the Jebao. I was thinking of getting the Aqamai KPS. I noticed online it says 370 gallon per hour plus flow rate. Would you think that is too much flow of the evo? I want controllability (reef mode, wave, night mode etc.) my 2nd option was the hydro nano 240, but it doesn’t have any controller. What do you guys think?
#Welcome to R2R! Kijiji you say, another Canadian reefer? :D The Aqamai seems like a good pump for your needs

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at the KPS for someone else. It is a tiny pump and can adjust from 370 to 1050 GPH which should be as much as you would ever need. I have never used it, but the size and flow seem right.

Just throwing this out there, because I have one and like it, the IceCap 1k gyre is a nice pump that also goes up to 1000 GPH. If it is too long, it can be capped on one end making it about 6.7” long and It is fully controllable.

OP
OP
S

Spark94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Welcome to R2R! Kijiji you say, another Canadian reefer? :D The Aqamai seems like a good pump for your needs

Hey! yes you have a Canadian reefer joining R2R. Ok thanks for your input. My concern was dealing with “too much” flow but I’ll likely put a rock or something to block it if there’s too much flow

VTBig053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the KPS in my EVO 13.5 and like it. Lots of different settings and programs to choose from. However, I do wish I could get a little more flow since I have more SPS in the tank now. I think my rock work is actually a little flow inhibiting for this pump, so I was looking at the Ice Cap Gyre 1K as another poster suggested in this thread. If you just intend to keep softies and LPS then the Aqamai KPS should be just fine.

OP
OP
S

Spark94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the KPS in my EVO 13.5 and like it. Lots of different settings and programs to choose from. However, I do wish I could get a little more flow since I have more SPS in the tank now. I think my rock work is actually a little flow inhibiting for this pump, so I was looking at the Ice Cap Gyre 1K as another poster suggested in this thread. If you just intend to keep softies and LPS then the Aqamai KPS should be just fine.

Ok thanks for sharing your experience! KPS looks like the right option atm :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back