Aqua Forrest Pro-Bio S and NP Pro+

Damian4883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I recently began using Pro Bio S to support the beneficial bacteria in my reef aquarium, mostly due to an increased bio-load and trying to be proactive in supporting in it.

I currently run bio-pellets which ive had really good success with, over time ive beaten bryopis and terrible GHA using nothing more than nutrient management and the addition of this media.

I was wondering if anyone could explain the benefits of pro bio s in more detail than they have on the box and also in addition to that is there any point in also using -np pro being that I am already using pellets.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
Damian4883

Damian4883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think its a waste of time using these products when using bio-pellets or beneficial?

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both the pro bio and the polymer. . been using it for 7 months. I prefer these because I feel it gives you way more control than biopellets.

OP
OP
Damian4883

Damian4883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both the pro bio and the polymer. . been using it for 7 months. I prefer these because I feel it gives you way more control than biopellets.

Do you manual or auto dose? Have you had good success controlling nitrate/phosphate?

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you manual or auto dose? Have you had good success controlling nitrate/phosphate?
Manual dosing because it only requires one drop per 27 gallons of tank water, and the bacteria needs to be refrigerated. And yes it works very well for nitrate and phosphate control. Makes your skimmer skim like a beast!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back