Aqua illumination hydra twenty six canopy mounting

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
1,346
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for ideas on mounting. The aquaillumination hydra twenty six he's inside a canopy. If you have pictures that would be great. Thanks for your help.
 
This is three ai sols on not in a canopy.
Cut holes to fil lights.
3/8 plexi on the bottom inside.
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
 
IMG_1559.JPG
I used some extruded alum and used the mounting holes to put a stud with a large washer to hang them, this way I can slide from side to side and remove from the ends if needed
 
I would try to mount to the wall or the tank inside the canopy so when you need to remove your canopy you can leave the lights in place, less of a chance to drop in tank or 5' to ground
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new