aqua illumination sol?

CloudIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about replacing my Solaris LED's for something else. I know that i could build something, but don't have the time. I want something that I can just plug into my APEX for control. Anyone have any of the AI SOL lights? I would like to see it in person before I drop all the money on them. I was BURNT with the Solaris lights, don't want to do that again.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

I have ZERO experience with the Ai products. that said, I am LOVING my custom build system. Alot of folks here have done this and have been extremely happy with them.

OP
OP
CloudIX

CloudIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. If i had more time i would do a custom build. Since i don't I'm just gonna get an upgradeable off the shelf solution. The AI ones look like what I want, but I'm very gun shy from the whole Solaris crap. Don't want to make that mistake again. Hopefully someone has some experience with the AI sol lights.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know mark (mr saltwater tank) has used the ecotec models

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 with Tapatalk.

mgovernali

Matt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sol blue over a 55g cube. 24x24x20. It hangs 14" above the tank. I love it. Have it over a year and keep a clam on the sand bed. Super easy to program with the Ai controller. I can post a pic tomorrow. BTW I only run it at 55% intensity.

OP
OP
CloudIX

CloudIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see the pic, My tank is a bit deeper then that, but it likes my current led's and i know the output is a bit less then the cree's. I just hope the light saturation is going to be enough for my tank.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 AI sol blues on my 117g. 40/28/28. I love them. Running almost a year. And have great coral growth, acros and clams in the sand bed. 15" off the water surface. Whites never set above 75%.
eza8egy5.jpg

OP
OP
CloudIX

CloudIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank. Have you ever used a par meter to see the values you are getting under these lights at the different depths? I'm sure it's a ton better then my lights now and was just wanting to compare.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank. Have you ever used a par meter to see the values you are getting under these lights at the different depths? I'm sure it's a ton better then my lights now and was just wanting to compare.

I have, but I only remember the reading on the sand. Lowers was -120 in the corners. That was with white -65%, blue-85%, royal blue -95%. Par meters are funny when measuring LEDs. It's not 100% accurate because of the different spectrums or color temp. At least from what I've heard/read. And for what it'd worth, I use their controller. It works better and has more options than using my reef keeper.

Back