Aqua lifter diaphragm replacement

josh009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone replaced diaphragms in an aqua lifter pump? Successfully?

I tried to replace them in three pumps. All repairs failed. It seems like there is no seal, though I followed instructions I found online. They don't call for any silicone or other sealant, but it seems like it is needed...if anyone has experience or advice on what to seal it with or how, I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to not replace with a new pump every few months. I use them for my ATO, with kalk. Thanks!

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of the pumps for my ATO and CPR overflow. it seems that some of the black rubber parts get loose and the the clear parts lose there seal or suckon . what I did is put the clear seals back in place . put the black rubber parts in place then use a little gel super glue to hold every thing in place . once the pump is put back together it seems to work . So far mine has been working for 3 weeks with no problems .

OP
OP
J

josh009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'd been thinking silicone but I have super glue on hand. And it won't matter if they are damaged when removed later since they get replaced anyway. I will try that idea on one. Thanks!

OP
OP
J

josh009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Since that was not at all obvious with the other comment left there.

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'd been thinking silicone but I have super glue on hand. And it won't matter if they are damaged when removed later since they get replaced anyway. I will try that idea on one. Thanks!
They are good pumps I have one running at least 7 years ! Once fixed . I did use silicone on the one running 7 years but at times the rubber part did get loose . Hope it works out for you !

OP
OP
J

josh009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the super glue didn't work for me. There were still gaps around the edges of the rubber outer piece where it is supposed to seal against the inner plastic piece and the glue dried too quickly for me to move them around.

I will try again when I do my next BRS order (cheapest sou

OP
OP
J

josh009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...source for the parts)

For now I got one to work acceptably, by fiddling with the nut on the rubber part, called the "gauge" in the instructions. That seems to be critical in making it so it doesnt pump in air.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back