Aqua lifter replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter G Santana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
8,352
Reaction score
44,734
Location
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was starting to have issues with my AL after two years of constant operation and I worried I couldn't find a replacement because they went out of business or just stopped making them. Yesterday I searched Amazon and found Aqua Lift, a knock off I suspect but desperate times. I jut received it and am going to swap them out and see how it goes.
20221221_124700.jpg
 
We have the new aqua lifter pumps. Toms Aquatics stopped making these pumps a while ago but Koller Kraft distributed them. They sold well enough that Koller decided to make their own version when Toms Aquatics dropped them. I think the quality is similar but unfortunately, the price has gone up. It seems that is the way of things lately.
https://www.marineandreef.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RTO01137
 
We have the new aqua lifter pumps. Toms Aquatics stopped making these pumps a while ago but Koller Kraft distributed them. They sold well enough that Koller decided to make their own version when Toms Aquatics dropped them. I think the quality is similar but unfortunately, the price has gone up. It seems that is the way of things lately.
https://www.marineandreef.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RTO01137
Amazon had them at a discount plus my wife had a coupon so for $40 I got it. If it works well I'll buy a couple more to keep as back ups.
One thing that should have been copied exactly was the hole where it is hung from, it is narrower so I will have to slightly modify the hanger to accommodate the new pump. Easy fix.
Thanks for your input, I know a number of folks who depend on this litte gem!!!
 
Just hooked it up and it's a thumbs up from me!!!
Any review on longevity of the koller lift pump? Online reviews seem to say they don't last ss long... I'm still using a toms aqua lifter style one that is over two years old. Every 6 months or so I run hot white vinegar (put a mug full in the microwave) through it for 30-60min to dissolve any build up inside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new